TODAY IS LAST SATURDAY ON 4TH STREET: FIGURE IT OUT AND GET THERE!By Greater Long Beach
Hey, today is Last Saturday on 4th Street!
Although that may seem intended to confuse you—as though maintaining that today is September 17, which was the date last Saturday—it’s actually intended to remind you that today is Last Saturday on 4th Street!
Although that may seem intended to confuse you—as though suggesting that today may not be last Saturday everywhere, which of course it ought to be—it’s actually intended to remind you that today is Last Saturday on 4th Street!
Although that may seem intended to confuse you—as though postulating that today could be either be September 17 or September 24, and as though insinuating that whichever date turns out to be true, it might only be true on 4th Street—it’s actually intended to emphasize to you that today is Last Saturday on 4th Street!
Although … well … that’s probably not as effective as simply publishing the schedule of events, which occur along 4th Street’s so-called Retro Row—between Cherry and Junipero Aves—this evening between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. … because today is Last Saturday on 4th Street!
• 4th Street Vine (2142 E. 4th; 562-343-5463): 2nd Annual Oktoberfest Celebration! Showcasing five new German beers on draft: Sunner Kolsch, Spaten Oktoberfest, Konig Pilsner, Weihenstephaner Doppelbock, and Schneider Eisbock Aventinus! Also, ART: “Children of the Favela”, featuring the photography of Long Beach resident, Kirk Jordan; MUSIC: Eggplant and more TBD (8-11 pm); FOOD: Dogzilla Food Truck at 8pm.
• Elan Collection (408 St. Louis Ave.; 562-434-1895): MOVING Sale! Everything left in the store is on sale! (We’ll be part of the all-new inretrospect store, formerly Vintage Collective, opening early October!)
• FEED Store (2001 East 4th; 562-433-7500): Sale! 50% off all clothing!
• Lil Devils (2218 E. 4th; 562-439-0555): Open late for all your kiddie needs & gifts!
• Portfolio Coffeehouse (2300 East 4th: 562-434-2486): Artist reception: Polaroid photos from local artist (and Portfolio staffer) Sarah Elise, 6-8pm, PLUS Music by The Jim Fisk Jazztet, playing Miles, Monk, Coltrane, Wes, Shorter, jazz standards, and spiced-up pop tunes, 8-10 pm.